Here are the full class descriptions and suggested props for group classes via Zoom.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions! click here
Mondays 6-7pm Pilates & Stretch - on going
This is a mixed level contemporary Pilates class. We will be focusing on connecting to our breath, dynamically challenging our core, balancing out our bodies, and getting a satisfying full-body workout.
Props suggested (but not required, everything can be modified)
Wednesdays 9:30-10:30am Pilates for Active Aging- starting September 9th!
Join us for an hour full of Pilates-based breathing, full body movement, and fun! Active aging is all about keeping everything working optimally, while developing agility & proprioception for injury and fall prevention. We will focus on improving our balance, posture, and functional movement patterns while enhancing our overall strength and mobility. This class is safe and challenging for all levels of fitness and skill, including those with osteoporosis. (senior discount available for those 60 or over, please contact Pippa for details)
Props suggested (but not required, everything can be modified)
Zoom In, Bliss Out 6-7:00pm Friday 7/31/2020
Let’s coax our bodies and minds into relaxation mode! We will focus on connecting with our breath, calming our nervous system, and applying Fascial Stretch Therapy principles to get an awesome full body stretching experience. Breath work is especially important right now, COVID-19 affects the respiratory system.
Props suggested (but not required, everything can be modified
Set your vibe! Feel free to lean in to the woo. Here are a few things I suggest:
1. Play some binaural beats or music that you find soothing & relaxing in the background. Loudly enough so you can hear it, but quietly enough that you can still hear me.
2. Lighting- make it work for you. You want to be relaxed but not falling asleep.
3. Scent- I love having essential oils in the diffuser. Some people prefer candles. Try to figure out what might enhance your ability to relax & release tension. Click here for more info.
4. Wear layers and have socks nearby. Your body temperature might shift as we go, and we don’t want you to get cold.
5. Turn your phone off or put it on do not disturb.
Foam rolling can help restore balance to your whole body, and potentially become an essential aspect of your self-care.
1-2:30pm via Zoom
$25-35 sliding scale
(you must use this link and buy only this class to access the sliding scale option,
otherwise it will show up as the averaged price of $30)
In this master class, you will explore and learn how to use your foam roller as an effective self-myofascial release tool. When done mindfully and strategically, it can help relieve chronic muscle tightness or pain, increase circulation to reduce soreness, and improve your overall mobility.
Things we will cover:
- General strategies & tips on how to approach using the foam roller effectively
- How to avoid common mistakes and avoid injuries or preventable soreness
- Specific exercises with lots of options or modifications for a full body experience
- Question & answer time at the end of the class
*You will have access to a recording of the class for 1 week after it meets live so that you can focus on feeling and learning as we go, then review the information afterwards.*
What You’ll Need:
- Plenty of open floor space
- I suggest a thin yoga mat, especially if you’ll be on a hard floor.
- Some other padding or supportive surfaces around like a few towels, blankets, or blocks.
- 1 Moderate Foam Roller (definitely not firm, and soft may not give you enough resistance)
Here’s my favorite:
Optp Foam Roller- comes in blue or green
Here's a solid choice at a lower price point:
AXIS Standard Foam Roller- silver
Questions? click here to contact me
Want to Register Now? click here
Here is how it works, as best as I can currently explain it. I will refine and update as I get it all figured out! Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or need any help!
Zoom Class Package Instructions as of 7/8/20
You can purchase packages of 4 or 8 classes and the current rates.
4 classes: https://withribbon.com/m/43
8 classes: https://withribbon.com/m/42
Once you purchase the package, you get to sign up for the classes you want.
To sign up you click on “add to cart” for the class or classes.
You then click on the shopping cart icon at the bottom of the page, and when it directs you to pay you sign in/click the “I have a subscription/event package.” (do not enter payment info again) It shows up on the upper left side in blue on my computer.
The system will automatically keep track of your packages, classes taken, and notify you when you your package is almost empty.
Let me know it goes! Pippa
I am really excited to connect with you and get back to doing the work that I love, with all the appropriate measures in place.
What to expect…
Here is a quick run down of the most important studio policies and procedures that will be followed in order to protect all of our health & safety.
1. We will both be wearing masks for the time being. If you don’t have one, or don’t find the one you use to be comfortable enough to wear in session, you are welcome to use one of my cloth masks. (They are sanitized between uses.)
2. Everyone will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after each appointment.
3. Please minimize what you bring in to the studio with you.
4. I will be emailing square invoices to collect payments without any touching or swiping of cards and phones.
5. There is a new Covid release form I will ask you to sign.
6. Please do not come in if you or anyone in your social distancing group is unwell or has recently been exposed to Covid-19. For the duration of the pandemic, the late cancellation policy will waived when it is due to illness (only.)
7. All of my appointments will be begin and end on time in order to avoid clients crossing paths and to allow for sanitizing everything in between sessions. If you have any questions or concerns about sanitation measures, please feel free contact me. I’m happy to fill you in! (and possibly bore you with the details of which UVC light and air purifier I have ordered)
Want to get back on my schedule?
Here are some helpful facts to share when you contact me:
Not comfortable coming back in yet?
No worries, I am still offering virtual sessions!
Here’s the link to the full bog post with all the details for one on one sessions. click here
For info on group classes via zoom, click here.
I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend.
Ok- here’s the rundown for June…
- Weekly Monday Pilates & Stretch Class is at 6pm and ongoing. You can purchase a single or package of 2, 4, or 8 classes. For full class descriptions or to register: bit.ly/pps-classes
- If you are purchasing class packages, please don’t forget to email me with the dates of the classes you want to attend.
- Here is how future recordings of Zoom classes will be posted:
I will record class if someone who has registered can’t attend live. An email will be sent to everyone who paid and registered for the class a link to access that recording within 2 days. That recording will be available for about 2 weeks.
In general, I won’t be recording and posting zoom classes moving forward. I’m sorry, but it isn’t sustainable and it requires too much extra time and resources.
I will leave the current unlisted classes on You Tube for the time being, as long as they aren’t being shared publicly. If you received a class recording via dropbox, please download it by Friday June 5th if you’d like to keep it. (they will be deleted)
- Zoom In, Bliss Out has been put on hold for the time being due to low attendance. I really enjoyed teaching this new format and I’m open to offering it again in the future, possibly in a different way, if there’s enough interest. (once a month vs. weekly, a slightly longer format, etc etc) If you have any ideas or interests in trying the class in the future, please reach out and let me know.
- Building Better Bones through the City of Tempe is still a little up in the air. I’ll keep you posted!
If you’re interested, and didn’t get an email from the city via Christina Wilson please reach out and connect with her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other options to work with me over the summer…
I am still working with people in person and via Zoom. If you have any questions about how that works, the sanitation/disinfecting/mask policies, or want to schedule something- click here.
I received an email from the City of Tempe where they notified us that all events and classes are officially canceled until the end of May. (at the very least)
In the meantime, why not try group class with me via Zoom?
Current Zoom Class Offerings as of 5/27/20
Mixed Level Pilates & Stretch
For full class descriptions or to register: bit.ly/pps-classes
Info Current as of 5/27/2020
(I’ll keep adding the dates for new info as things are changing quite frequently and rapidly for all of us)
Exercise and healthy movement are even more critical during these turbulent times. It boosts your immune system and helps manage stress on many levels.
Click here for a great article from the Mayo.
Since our world and our lives are in a very fluid and adaptive state, I have tried to create some workable options for maintaining a movement or self-care practice with me. I truly hope we can all stay safe, healthy, and agile during this time. If you have any specific requests, suggestions, or need any more information- please feel free to contact me.
Are you missing your usual dose of healthy, feel good movement? Do you miss connecting, talking, and moving with another human being? (I’m definitely missing interacting with everyone I don’t get to see right now)
Are you having a hard time figuring out how to incorporate the movement or stretching you need & want into your current disrupted schedule?
Are you adapting to a new working station or set up at home and noticing that it may be creating some new challenges and postural imbalances?
I’m here to help!
We can use FaceTime or Zoom for private sessions. You can even record our session for future reference and use. I’ve created some new options in terms of length of sessions, scheduling, payment etc. for you to try. Please scroll down for details.
What is FaceTime?
Facetime is an app on apple products for video chatting. If you have any apple device, it is on there! Click here to check out a tutorial from apple on how to use FaceTime.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video conferencing app/website that you can use at a basic level free of charge. Click here to check it out and see how easy it is to join a meeting.
Feeling unsure about using the technology? Connect with me and let's see if we can figure it out. Just like a lot of like skills, using these resources or tools can feel way more comfortable after you walk through it or try it a few times.
What can you do in a Session?
For my Fst clients:
For my Pilates peeps:
Why invest in private sessions?
Here’s a testimonial from a client who has tried using a virtual approach:
“I was in a serious car accident (5 broken ribs, whiplash, back pain, seatbelt trauma) in the Fall of 2019. After my hospital stay, I was home and knew that I needed to begin moving in healthy ways or risk further injury and certainly delay my recovery. I had been a client of Pippa’s for several years and knew she was conservative and uniquely talented in understanding injury rehab and body mechanics. So after a phone call, we set up a remote session where I used my iPad. She modeled for me the exercises I should do and then corrected me as I performed those for her. I repeated those exercises daily which helped speed my recovery. This was certainly important for my broken body, but just as important, Pippa’s video session helped me in my mental recovery! Instead of focusing on my pain and getting discouraged, Pippa gave me positive movements to focus on while I was home alone - and the confidence that I would get better!”
60 mins $74
Scheduling: Please contact me directly to schedule sessions.
Feel like you can’t book in advance? No problem, feel free to text me (602-614-0675) as close as the day before or morning of to request a session. (texting is better than emailing) As usual, I will have more options to offer with more notice but I truly understand how crazy everything is right now!
How it Works: Once we schedule a session, you’ll receive an email confirmation and an invoice via square. You can pay securely online in advance. I will initiate the facetime call or we both log in to our zoom meeting at our scheduled day & time.
What you need: What do you have at your disposal? It’s ideal for you to let me know what you have ahead of time, but it’s ok to let me know at the beginning of the session. I can also make some suggestions of household items that we can get creative with. This can be done in a chair, on the floor, standing, at your desk- whatever you need! The only requirements are a device that allows you to connect to zoom or facetime and an internet connection.
Have some questions?
Click here to contact me directly. I'm happy to connect and figure out how to make this work as optimally as possible for you.
One More Thing...
Here’s a link that explains why and how Pilates boosts the Immune System.
Interested in virtual Pilates, but not one on one sessions?
There’s a wide variety of options, from short you tube videos for free to full workout length videos for purchase, as well as easy ways to join group classes with me.
Get more info on virtual options with me- click here
Want to help support my small, independent business?
These are very challenging times.
The sessions and classes you take now will help ensure the survival and viability of this company and its services.
Please help spread the word!
- Forward this info to anyone you think might find it helpful or relevant.
- Word of Mouth is powerful! Tell anyone you think might benefit from my services.
- Help me stay connected. Please feel free to reach out to say hi! and let me know how you're doing.
Thanks for checking out this blog post. Click here if you want to connect with me!
I hope this email finds you in good health and feeling like you have some safe strategies during these challenging times. I won’t repeat everything you have heard out there, but I will list a few specific things that will apply to my clients directly.
I wanted to take a quick moment to express how much I appreciate you all! I truly love what I do and hope that I can continue to work while maintaining a safe environment for your self-care and healthy movement.
Here is a quick list of steps that I take in consideration of and respect for everyone’s health and safety:
For the immediate future, I am suspending the 24-hour cancellation policy in the specific instance of unexpected last minute illness. I implore you to use this temporary exemption mindfully and to give as much notice as possible. (as soon as you experience symptoms that may concern you enough to cancel your session) This option is only applicable in the case of last-minute illness. The time you book is reserved for you up until the moment you notify me otherwise. Please be aware that the stability of Pippa’s Pilates & Stretch depends upon clients consistently showing up for their appointments.
If you are concerned or anxious about going out in public, you can always opt to have a ”mat pilates” lesson via FaceTime or Zoom. We can customize the time to meet your needs whether it be guided stretching, rolling out, or a mat Pilates workout. If you have any questions, or would like to book that type of session, please click here.
Some Helpful Articles & Links:
Truce (the cleaning products I use and highly recommend)
Need some fun hand washing inspiration?
Here’s a very funny but inspiring article about what Pilates can do for you! (if you enjoy British humor, the you’ll love it)
'Pilates-changed-my-life’ stories are annoying… but it did
Improve and Enhance Your Pelvic Floor Fitness
(why is this important? click here..)
Saturday February 8th, 2020 from 2-4:15pm
There was a time change- we will now start at 2pm!
(please arrive 10-15 mins early to get checked in)
Spirit of Yoga
1420 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282
Your pelvic floor health and fitness can (negatively or positively) affect efficient core activation, continence, sexual health, recovering from pregnancy, and more. It is possible to significantly improve symptoms quickly by learning and practicing these strategies.
We will explore a general idea of relevant anatomical landmarks without getting too mired up in the details.
With that information in mind, we will explore and create successful ways for you to engage your pelvic floor.
Once you get the hang of that, we will start developing and enhancing the coordination of your pelvic floor, core, and breathing.
You will learn specific exercises to work on at home, and these new skills will translate easily into many everyday movements.
Men and women are welcome! This workshop is open to a variety of fitness levels, but please make sure that you can get up & down off the floor unassisted.
Registration is capped at 20 participants to allow for individualized attention.
$75 early bird-registration until January 7th, 2020.
$85 January 8-February 7th, 2020
$90 at the door
(If you have taken this workshop before, please contact me directly at email@example.com for a discounted price)
Register now to guarantee your spot!
What you get:
- 2 hour and 15 minute workshop.
- A coreageous ball that you will use in the workshop and take home with you to allow for continuity in your practice.
- Access to online videos to supplement and support you after the workshop.
*All purchases are non-refundable. Credit may be applied to another workshop at Pippa's discretion.
Register now to guarantee your spot!
Questions? click here