Saturday September 29th 1-3pm
(please arrive 10-15 mins early to get checked in)
Spirit of Yoga
1420 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 85282
(parking details will be included in your confirmation email)
Your pelvic floor health and fitness can (negatively or positively) affect efficient core activation, continence, sexual health, recovering from pregnancy, and more.
We will explore a general idea of relevant anatomical landmarks without getting too mired up in the details.
With that information in mind, we will explore and create successful ways for you to engage your pelvic floor. (which will increase the efficacy and results of your exercises)
Once you get the hang of that, we will start developing and enhancing the coordination of your pelvic floor, core, and breathing.
You will learn specific exercises to work on at home, and these new skills will translate easily into many everyday movements. (click here for more info on Pfilates)
Men and women are welcome!
This workshop is open to a variety of fitness levels, but please make sure that you can get up & down off the floor unassisted.
Registration is capped at 20 participants to allow for individualized attention.
$65 early bird-registration until September 1st, 2018.
$75 September 2nd- September 28th
$80 at the door
Register now to guarantee your spot! (click here)
What you get:
-2 hour workshop.
- A coreageous ball that you will use in the workshop and take home with you to allow for continuity in your practice.
- Access to online videos to supplement and support you after the workshop.
- Access to an online forum for workshop participants where you can interact with other people to share your experiences, post results, motivate each other, and ask Pippa questions directly!
How to register:
Click on this link.
Once you register, please keep an eye out for a confirmation email with some helpful details.
Hope to see you there!
I became a Pfilates certified instructor in April 2018. I really love the concepts and the results they are giving my clients and myself! I have been using the Pfilates repertoire as well as applying the principles to many other exercises in my group classes and private lessons.
I’m getting awesome feedback and look forward to exploring new ways to share and integrate the work.
What is Pfilates?
The Pfilates program was created by Dr Bruce Crawford to provide a more effective alternative to current options for pelvic floor conditioning. Like any other fitness program, success relies upon consistency and ongoing attention.
How can it help me?
Dr. Crawford asserts that bladder control is a fitness issue. His respected research and documented results prove the success of this method. Check out his website by clicking here.
Are you experiencing incontinence, increased frequency, or urgency to urinate? Do you feel like you’d like to get up fewer times at night to urinate? Do you find yourself constantly making sure you know where the restrooms are? Do you want some help, but feel like these symptoms are just part of aging or you’re too embarrassed to ask? Have you tried other methods and been left disappointed or frustrated?
What are the statistics for improvement? There has been a documented 74% improvement in subjective bladder symptoms (urgency, frequency, incontinence) within a 4-6 week period.
Once you get the coordination and awareness to effectively & efficiently recruit your pelvic floor and the appropriate co-contractors, it can improve your overall fitness level. Many of my students have been responding very positively and feeling like they are getting more bang for their buck in their workouts. Our sessions or classes seem more intense, and they are experiencing obvious gains in their strength, balance, and coordination.
What are the benefits of doing Pfilates focused private lessons with Pippa?
We will assess your beginning point and strategize your plan. There are many options, it is simply a matter of deciding what will work best for you.
- You could start taking private Pilates sessions with me where we integrate the Pfilates work into each session in order to review, fine tune, and adapt your home practice as needed. You’ll receive consistent feedback, encouragement, and opportunities to ask questions.
- You could also come in once at the beginning of your program. You would receive specialized cueing, pick the 3 Pfilates exercises for your daily practice, and create some accountability measures to ensure your success. You would then work on your daily practice for few weeks on your own, and we'd re-check and adjust as needed every 4-6 weeks.
- You could buy the official Pfilates kit with helpful tools & resources, or simply add exercises as a daily practice and track symptoms or improvement on your own. (click here)
Want to try it?
Contact me (click here)
Check out the official Pfilates site (click here)