We made it to the end of January!!!!!
How are those resolutions or goals coming along?
Need a little help or some new ideas?
I’ve got a few options for you:
Noticed anything different lately?
After months of work, the website update is up & running!
I hope you’ll have a look, there are lots of fun new pics and other things to check out.
One of those new things is the video library subscription….
The 7 day free trial is still available through the rest of this month,
so please head over and check it out!
Click here for all the details and options.
Here are just a few solid reasons...
1. They reduce stiffness and tension in your body from being “sedentary” i.e. not moving, or in one position for a period of time like sitting or standing at your desk, driving, even resting on your couch
2. It increases productivity! (not sure about this one? check out the Pomodoro technique, it’s real thing!)
3. Physical movement can get you out of the stress cycle, even if the actual stressor isn’t going away! (helloooo covid!) Here’s a great podcast on that topic. brenebrown.com/podcast/brene-with-emily-and-amelia-nagoski-on-burnout-and-how-to-complete-the-stress-cycle/
According to the Pomodoro method, it’s ideal to take a 5 minute break after every 25 minute block of work and then after about 4 of those cycles you take a full 15-20 minute break. There’s loads of free apps that you can set the timers on, I just use the timer in my phone.
I encourage you to play around with that timing to make it work for you! Depending on the day, the task, and my focus I might need to do longer or shorter work periods and/or breaks.
The important thing is to actually take the (relatively) frequent movement breaks!
5 easy & free ways to take a movement break
1. Make a list of small, short mindless tasks that take 5 minutes or less that require getting up, changing where your eyes are focusing, and moving around.
2. Try some HIIT style intervals using simple movements like Squats, Jumping Jacks, or Leg Kicks for 30 seconds then 10 seconds of walking or marching in place. In 5 minutes, you should be able to get through about 7 cycles with a short cool down. (don’t forget to hydrate!)
3. Do a standing version of the hundred series breaths. Pulse your arms with each breath as you inhale for 5 breaths and exhale for 5 breaths. Try lifting one foot off for the the first half, then the other for the second half.
4. Have a dance party! Play a song you love and get dancing…or at least away from your desk and moving your body.
5. Do my neck & shoulder video on you tube. If you’ve been sitting, try it standing. If you’ve been standing, try it seated!
or keep trying different ideas until you find your faves!
I promise you’ll feel better on so many levels and your body will love you for it.
I’d love to hear how it goes! (email me)
All Absorbent Products Active Aging Addiction Aerobic And Strength Training Arthritis Balance Beach Body Biohacking Biomat Black Friday Bladder Symptoms Body Image Bone Density Boundaries Breathing BUILDING BETTER BONES Bulletproof Bulletproof Coffee Bulletproof Human Potential Coaching Bulletproof Vibration Plate Bunions By Donation Calves Cardio Childbirth Chronic Pelvic Pain Community Consistency Continuing Education Contrology Core Strength Covid Cryotherapy Current Mask Guidelines Current Pricing Cyber Monday Diaphragm Dynamic Aging Eating Disorders Emotional Agility Falling Arches Fall Prevention Fascia Fascial Research Fascial Stretch Therapy Feet Fitness Flexibility Flip Flops Flow Foam Rolling Foot Health Foot Pain Foot Rolling Free Gift FREE TRIAL! Frequent Urination Fst Full Body Fundraiser Gift Certificates Gratitude Group Classes Half Foam Roller Hamstrings Happy Feet Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Heel Pain Hip Hinge Hit Play Not Pause Holiday Deals Human Potential Coaching Hundred Series Hydration Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Incontinence Inflammation Infra Red Sauna Infra-red Sauna Intermittent Fasting Interval Training Joe Pilates Journaling Joy Keto Kiwanis Recreation Center Knee Health Labor Languishing Leaking Life Coaching Life Hacks Lower Back Pain Lower Legs Mat Pilates Meal Planning Meditation Membership Menopause Mental Health Mindfulness Mind Management Mobility Movement Breaks Muse Headband Name That Workshop Competition Neck And Shoulder Tension New Prices Newsletter Nourishing Movement October 2020 Osteoporosis Oura Ring Overactibe Bladder Paleo Parkinson's Pelvic Floor Pelvic Organ Prolapse Pelvic Stability Peri-Menopause Pfilates Pilates Pilates On Tour Pilates Principles Plantar Fasciitis Podcast Pomodoro Method Post Natal Posture Preganan Pregnancy Prenatal Pricing Information Productivity Props PWR! Exercise Group Red Light Therapy Reiki Resilience Resolutions Resources Retreat Scapular Glide Self Care Self-care Self Coaching Self-coaching Self Myofascial Release Self-myofascial Release Self Talk Self-talk Shoulder Mobility Sleep Sleep Hygiene Spirit Of Yoga Sprints Standing St. Mary's Food Bank Stress Cycle Stress Management Stress Urinary Incontinence Stretch Stretching Subscription Sunscreen Susan Treadway Swan Rehab Thought Patterns Travel Urinary Urgency Videos Virtual Sessions Vulnerability Warm Up Weight Loss Wellness Workshop Zoom Zoom Classes