We made it to the end of January!!!!!
How are those resolutions or goals coming along?
Need a little help or some new ideas?
I’ve got a few options for you:
Noticed anything different lately?
After months of work, the website update is up & running!
I hope you’ll have a look, there are lots of fun new pics and other things to check out.
One of those new things is the video library subscription….
The 7 day free trial is still available through the rest of this month,
so please head over and check it out!
Click here for all the details and options.
Here are just a few solid reasons...
1. They reduce stiffness and tension in your body from being “sedentary” i.e. not moving, or in one position for a period of time like sitting or standing at your desk, driving, even resting on your couch
2. It increases productivity! (not sure about this one? check out the Pomodoro technique, it’s real thing!)
3. Physical movement can get you out of the stress cycle, even if the actual stressor isn’t going away! (helloooo covid!) Here’s a great podcast on that topic. brenebrown.com/podcast/brene-with-emily-and-amelia-nagoski-on-burnout-and-how-to-complete-the-stress-cycle/
According to the Pomodoro method, it’s ideal to take a 5 minute break after every 25 minute block of work and then after about 4 of those cycles you take a full 15-20 minute break. There’s loads of free apps that you can set the timers on, I just use the timer in my phone.
I encourage you to play around with that timing to make it work for you! Depending on the day, the task, and my focus I might need to do longer or shorter work periods and/or breaks.
The important thing is to actually take the (relatively) frequent movement breaks!
5 easy & free ways to take a movement break
1. Make a list of small, short mindless tasks that take 5 minutes or less that require getting up, changing where your eyes are focusing, and moving around.
2. Try some HIIT style intervals using simple movements like Squats, Jumping Jacks, or Leg Kicks for 30 seconds then 10 seconds of walking or marching in place. In 5 minutes, you should be able to get through about 7 cycles with a short cool down. (don’t forget to hydrate!)
3. Do a standing version of the hundred series breaths. Pulse your arms with each breath as you inhale for 5 breaths and exhale for 5 breaths. Try lifting one foot off for the the first half, then the other for the second half.
4. Have a dance party! Play a song you love and get dancing…or at least away from your desk and moving your body.
5. Do my neck & shoulder video on you tube. If you’ve been sitting, try it standing. If you’ve been standing, try it seated!
or keep trying different ideas until you find your faves!
I promise you’ll feel better on so many levels and your body will love you for it.
I’d love to hear how it goes! (email me)
All Absorbent Products Active Aging Addiction Aerobic And Strength Training Arthritis Back In Action Program Back Pain Balance Beach Body Biohacking Biomat Black Friday Bladder Symptoms Body Awareness Body Image Bone Density Boundaries Breathing Breath Work BUILDING BETTER BONES Bulletproof Bulletproof Coffee Bulletproof Human Potential Coaching Bulletproof Vibration Plate Bunions By Donation Calves Cardio Childbirth Chronic Pelvic Pain Client Testimonials Community Consistency Continuing Education Contrology Core Activation Coregeous Ball Core Strength Covid Cryotherapy Current Mask Guidelines Current Pricing Cyber Monday Diaphragm Dynamic Aging Eating Disorders Emotional Agility Empowerment Falling Arches Fall Prevention Fascia Fascial Research Fascial Stretch Therapy Feet Fitness FlexFit Portal Flexibility Flip Flops Flow Foam Rolling Foot Health Foot Pain Foot Rolling Free Consultation Free EBook Free Gift FREE TRIAL! Frequent Urination FSA Fst Full Body Fundraiser Gift Certificates Gratitude Group Classes Half Foam Roller Hamstrings Happy Feet Healing Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention Heel Pain Helix Hip Hinge Hit Play Not Pause Holiday Deals Holistic Wellness HSA Human Potential Coaching Hundred Series Hydration Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Incontinence Inflammation Infra Red Sauna Infra-red Sauna Injury Inner Thigh In-person In Person Class Intermittent Fasting Interval Training Joe Pilates Journaling Joy Keto Kiwanis Recreation Center Knee Health Knee Pain Labor Languishing Leaking Life Coaching Life Hacks Limited Time Low Back Pain Lower Back Pain Lower Legs Manual Stretch Therapy Mat Pilates Meal Planning Meditation Membership Menopause Mental Health Mind-body Connection Mindfulness Mind Management Mini Sessions Mobility Movement Breaks Muse Headband Name That Workshop Competition Neck And Shoulder Tension NeuroMyoFascia Therapy New Clients New Prices New Service Newsletter New Year's Resolutions Nourishing Movement October 2020 Osteoporosis Oura Ring Overactibe Bladder Package Discounts Paleo Parkinson's Pelvic Floor Pelvic Organ Prolapse Pelvic Stability Peri-Menopause Personalized Sessions Pfilates Pilates Pilates Apparatus Pilates On Tour Pilates Principles Pilates & Stretch Plantar Fasciitis Podcast Pomodoro Method Post Natal Posture Power Props Kit Preganan Pregnancy Prenatal Pricing Information Productivity Props PWR! Exercise Group Recovery Red Light Therapy Rehabilitation Reiki REIMBURSEMENT Resilience Resolutions Resources Retreat Rib Flare Scapular Glide Self Care Self-care Self Coaching Self-coaching Self Myofascial Release Self-myofascial Release Self Talk Self-talk Sherman Oaks Shoulder Mobility Sleep Sleep Hygiene Spirit Of Yoga Spring Fling Deal Sprints Standing St. Mary's Food Bank Stress Cycle Stress Management Stress Urinary Incontinence Stretch Stretching Subscription Summer 2023 Sunscreen Susan Treadway Swan Rehab Therapeutic Pilates Thought Patterns Traction Travel TRUE MED Updates Urinary Urgency Videos Virtual Sessions Vulnerability Walking Warm Up Weight Loss Wellness Workshop Zoom Zoom Classes